Look at the fabulous people that came to my welcome brunch, hosted by the amazing Ann (seated front) & Rick (standing far left)!!! Even more people were there, it was a blast. Check out all the photos in my favorite photos section.
There is so much that has been amazing and extraordinary since moving here. At the risk of sounding like an 'over-the-moon-happy' loon, here are some bullet points highlights:
- Walking through Central Park, seeing the famous Falconer statue, walking a few steps and seeing a real, live falcon in a tree nearby. Walking to the East Side at 77th and seeing the famous red-tailed hawk Pale Male. A celebrity bird sighting!
- Going to see B'way show Talk Radio for my birthday, and finding out the guy in the seat in front of me and the woman in back of me were there to celebrate their birthdays too.
- Finding my amazing apartment, which is half a block from Central Park. Not even knowing how close it is to everything I need. Feeling blessed and grateful to the universe for that. (trust me, finding an apartment in this city can be a challenge. See my broker's information under Helpful Links as well as photos under Favorite Photos).
Small World Stories: True illustrations of how small the world is, or "like attracts like":
- Learning that my high school friend Robin knows the wonderful actress Randy Danson, good friend of my NYC friend Ann.
- Meeting Camilla, who moved here from DC a year ago, and for some reason asking if she knew Tancy. Not only does she know her, but Tancy stayed with her folks when she visited Australia. I have a painting of Tancy's from that trip to Australia.
- At the welcome brunch, meeting a Columbia U. physicist that used to live on U. Street in DC, where of course I lived while there. We were there at the same time.
- There is more, but I'll leave it there for now.