Saturday, March 22, 2008

World Pillow Fight Day 2008

How the heck did I miss out on this? While I was trolling about the Whitney Biennial (more on that in a post to come) thousands of pillow-wielding hooligans were out on a sunny Saturday in Union Square, channelling their pent up angst into a massive pillow fight.


Again, New York City plays host to some of the oddest social gatherings ev-ah, and the World Pillow Fight Day ranks almost supreme. On the subway, my friend rode next to a pillowfight participant covered in feathers. Giddy, no doubt, from the experience of bonding with others over thwacking fluffy plumage-ladden bags at total strangers.

Don't you just love New York?

1 comment:

Ming the Merciless said...

HA! It sounded like a great idea but I would hate to walk around the city with feathers all over my hair and face. :-)

Nonetheless, I bet everyone had fun.