Thursday, October 23, 2008

New York City Photo Safaris

My high school friend Karen, who lives in Florida, turned me on to this cool happening this weekend. Leave it to the hip out-of-towners to spread the word! Anyway, Photo Safaris are these fun-fabulous photo events put together by Photojojo. According to their site, (1) You bring a camera (2) You take pictures (3) You go to a gathering place and put photos in a slideshow to win prizes. This weekend's event is hosted by Jake Dobkin of Gothamist fame. Sounds cool to me.

Cost is free and upcoming NYC events are on 10/25, 11/15, 12/6. There is no need to pre-register, but because details can change at the last minute they recommend you sign up for emails. You can also read more details about each safari on Facebook.

Check it out and be creative:

Saturday, October 25th / NYC
DUMBO Street Art Photo Tour
Host: Jake Dobkin of Gothamist & Streetsy
Time: 3:30 pm (RSVP)
Meet at: York St F stop

Gee... wish I had a photo to insert in here....

1 comment:

Ming the Merciless said...

Sounds like a great concept but I'm sooo busy this month that I can't do much.

Please keep us updated if there are new events in January 2009.