Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Where Does All the Time Go... In NYC?

Beware - your free time will dwindle to obscurity in New York City. I want to update my blog regularly, really I do. But what the heck happens to that thing called 'down time' in this town? Some strange clock warp happens here, as time just whips on by with nary a dillydally. Some days I feel I blink my eyes and the day is half gone. Why is that?

The pace of New York City is headspinningly fast and frantically frenetic. The commutes around the city are often loooong, so that eats up a few hours. Work life is notoriously stress-filled, taking over a good 10+ hours in many industries. There is always some out-of-towner visiting NYC that just has to see you, gobbling up precious weekend errand-running time. And with so much happening on the cultural and night-life fronts, evenings are packed with event after event after event. If you are lucky, you could be out every night of the week.

It took me about a year to get accustomed to the pace of this town, and I still have my days. But I am in no way complaining. After a lifetime spent in boredom, oh what a wondrous whirlwind this is.

No comments: